I haven't made Dirt Pudding for 10 years or more, however I thought it would be the prefect dessert for my Groundhog Day dinner menu. Groundhogs hole, dirt, you get it, right! Anyway, it's easy and delicious, kids and adults will love it. Vanilla pudding, Cool Whip and Oreo cookies, how can you go wrong.
Try using different flavored puddings. Make more layers, just to keep it interesting. Use different types of Oreo'
1 (14-ounce) bag Oreo cookies
1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8-ounce package cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip
1. Break up cookies, place half in bottom of preferred dish, save half for topping.
2. Mix pudding and milk together and set aside.
3. Mix sugar, cream cheese and butter.
4. Add sugar mixture to pudding; fold in Cool Whip.
5. Pour onto cookies and top with remaining cookies.
6. Chill for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.