My "back porch" is my kitchen, my favorite room in the house. Come on in, the coffee is fresh, and I just made a pitcher of sweet tea. The cookies will be out in a minute. I have over 40 years of recipes to share with you, along with my opinion on everything. Oh my, you are right, it is cocktail time. What can I get you? Of course I can make you a Mint Julep! Stop by anytime, something is always cooking, and the back door is never locked.

Bon Appetit, Y'all





Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Asparagus With Curry Dip

This is a perfect appetizer for your Easter Dinner. Set this out with a pretty plate of deviled eggs and it should keep the crowd happy until you finish dinner.

Asparagus With Curry Dip
8-10 servings
print recipe

2 pounds fresh asparagus
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream (you can use all mayonnaise if you like)
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice

1. Lay the asparagus on a cutting board and line up the tips, then cut off the bottoms evenly and discard. Fill a large skillet with about 2-inches of water. Add the salt and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus all at once and cook for about 3 minutes, until the spears are tender but still have texture. Drain immediately, roll in a tea towel, and store in the refrigerator until serving time.

2. Make the curry dip. Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream curry powder, and lemon juice in a small glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and keep chilled until serving time.

3. Serve chilled on a pretty platter.

5 comments:

  1. Curry intrigues me so, but I do have an anti-curry in the house. Maybe I shall start with this dip at dinner on Sunday. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds yummy! I wish the Pres would eat things like this rather than just Chicken Wings!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing this great recipe on my Wednesday and wandering list, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes !! When our asparagus gets to goin', I'll be making this! Thanks Bev! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For about the 100th time, I wished I lived closer to you. This time it's kind of a silly reason ... Nyssa (the dog) LOVES the asparagus trimmings ... and the rest of us love asparagus. Sounds yummy for all!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.